SRM INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
REPORT ON ONLINE : “Advancement in Ready Mix Concretes & Special Concretes”
Webinar for Entrepreneurs, Graduates, Faculties, Research Scholars, Engineering and School Students on 15th March, 2021
Having constant supports &encouragements of our respected Dean (E&T) sir and our Respected Head of the Department – Dr. T. Ch. Madhavi mam, a WEBINAR wasconducted by the department of Civil Engineering in order to enhance knowledge and information of our faculties and students.
Topic: Advancement in Ready Mix Concretes & Special Concretes
Date: March15, 2021
Resource person:Dr. L. R. Manjunatha, Zonal Head, Associate Vice-President, JSW Cement Ltd.
Time: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
About the Speaker:Dr. L.R. Manjunatha BE, MBA, PGDFM,PGDM(Lean), MPhil, PhD Post Graduate Program in Concrete Technology,CGLI (UK) Zonal Head and Associate Vice president -JSW Cement Limited. Received BE in Civil Engineering from (UVCE, Bangalore University) in 1992,MBA (International Institute of Advanced Marketing) in 1999, from International Institute of Advanced Marketing, Mumbai.
Description:During this webinar, he shared his presentation and gave a very clear-cut explanation on following topics:
- Problems in Environment because of Concrete,
- Various bad effects of construction,
- Construction using Eco-Friendly methods,
- Materials used in concretes and its pros and cons,
- Manufacturing concretes: New Methods, Recycling by waste management method, using constructional debris.
- Sustainability cycle &Challenges in handling fresh concrete
- Hardened concrete – Ideal Condition Vs. In-Practices
- Sustainability in concrete making.
- Requirement in quality of concrete (Recommended IS Codes)
- History and Development of concretes.
- Seven Holy steps in Making Concrete
- Tradition and manual method of making concrete & Roof Leaking
- RMC – Importance and Safety
- Comparison in RMC and SMC (Site Mixed Concrete)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of RMC
- History & development of RMC
- Latest feature and technology involved in RMC
- Plant layout in RMC
- Equipment used in plant of RMC
Program: For this Webinar, registration link using Zoom ID and password was created. The link was circulated among Students and Faculty Members of Civil departments. More than 120 participants both Teaching Faculty Members and Students have participated.
At the beginning, Mr. D. Senthilvelan, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering gave introduction about the WEBINAR followed by Dr. T. Ch. Madhavi, Professor and Head of the Department, Civil Engineering, gave a very warm welcome address to the participants and faculty members and gave a brief introduction about the speaker. Later a brief introductory speech was given by our respected Dean (E&T) sir.After the presentation,Mr. P. M. Rameshwaran, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering delivered the vote of thanks. From the WEBINAR, the participants had the opportunity to know more about Ready Mix Concrete and Special Concrete.