About the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the pioneering departments of SRM IST Established in 2008. The present faculty strength is 34 in which 6 Faculties are Ph.D holder and all other faculties pursuing Ph.D. More than 200 Research papers have been published in international or national journals and conferences.
The Main Objective of Mechanical Engineering is to provide a periodic updated curriculum, so that following the completion of the programme and with a few years of experience, our alumni will have expertise to :
- Practice Mechanical Engineering in Different Disciplines towards System Design, Realization and Manufacturing.
- Enhance Professional Practice to meet the Global Standards with Ethical and Social Responsibilities.
- Solve Industrial, Social and Environmental Problems with appropriate Techniques and Tools.
- Work in Large Cross Functional Terms and Pursue Lifelong Learnings
To be a centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering where the best of teaching, learning and research synergize.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is committed to
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate and post graduate engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Constantly strive to improve pedagogical methods employed in delivering the academic programs.
- Respond effectively to the needs of the industry and changing world.
- Conduct basic and applied research and to generate intellectual property.
- Provide consultancy to the neighbourhood and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Mechanical Engineers have a broad spectrum of opportunities in Industrial giants in the field of Energy, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Steel, Automotive, Robotics and Information Technologies. Core industries like Rexroth Bosch group, Saint-Gobain Corporation, Hyundai, Larsen & Toubro, Mahindra, etc recruits our students. Many IT industries also have CAD/CIM divisions, which increases the job potential of mechanical engineers in IT industries too. Around 75% of the students are placed in reputed industries practicing core and allied engineering, through campus recruitment and the remaining 25% prefer higher studies in India and abroad.
|• AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY||• POWER AND ENERGY INDUSTRY||• STEEL INDUSTRY|
|• CEMENT INDUSTRY||• METALLURGICAL INDUSTRY||• CONSUMER GOODS INDUSTRY|
|• PHARMACEUTICALS INDUSTRY||• TEXTILE AND CLOTHING INDUSTRY||• GLASS INDUSTRY|
|• FOOD & BEVERAGES INDUSTRY||• CHEMICAL INDUSTRY||• DEFENCE ORGANIZATION|
|• STRUCTURAL FABRICATION||• PUBLIC SECTORS UNDERETAKING(PSU)||• ALL PRIVATE CORE INDUSTRIES|
|• ALL GOVERNMENT ENG. SERVICES|
In Full Time
Name of the Course
|1||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||4 Years|
|2||B.Tech Mechanical and Automation Engineering||4 Years|
|3||M.Tech Computer Aided Design||2 Years|
In Part Time
Name of the Course
|1||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||3.5 Years|
|2||M.Tech Computer Integrated Manufacturing||3 Years|
|3||M.Tech Computer Aided Design||3 Years|