About the department
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department at the Ramapuram campus was established in 2009. The sheer hard work and enthusiasm of the faculty and students of the department has helped in making it one of the best departments on campus. The zeal and fervour with which the department is working will surely help it to achieve further success.
The field of Electrical Engineering is highly dynamic and exciting as it provides excellent career opportunities in all sectors of society. The electrical engineering advancements reshape our modern society in all aspects including health, business, education and entertainment. Electrical Engineers design and implement a wide range of systems such as power generation, transmission and distribution, telecommunication networks, electrical machines and modem industrial control systems. The Electrical Engineering curriculum is a four-year programme leading to a Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The course has been designed, with the aim of providing in-depth knowledge and significant experience across the key areas of Electrical Engineering that evolve with societal needs.
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department at SRMIST prioritizes the placement of its students in reputed industries and corporations, through placement campus interviews and also through off-campus mode. The students have received job offers from core electrical companies as well as other allied industries including software industries, such as ABB, Schneider Electric, JSW Steel, L&T, IBM, Solar Labs, Tata Motors, Bosch, Shell, Pocketly, TCS, Infosys, HCL, Reliance Industries, Cognizant, Wipro, Renault Nissan, Ather, Siemens Energy, Euler Motors, and more. About 90 % of eligible students of EEE are always placed every year.
To impart quality education in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering and to produce globally competent engineers to serve the society.
- To educate the student to become better practicing engineers to meet global excellence.
- To provide better environment through latest developments in electrical engineering involving problem solving, design, practice and training.
- To motivate the graduates to become a good leader, designer and researcher through industry-oriented trainings with social and ethical responsibilities.
Department has following unique features and best practices
- Faculty members of EEE department are involved in research in addition to teaching. The areas of research include Electric machine modeling, finite element analysis of electric machines, Power system Optimization, Power System Security, Voltage Stability, Power Quality, Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Load Forecasting, Power Electronics application in Embedded System, Image Processing, Neural networks and Evolutionary Computation techniques.
- Faculty members have published more than 100 research papers in National and International Journals and conferences, which are Scopus indexed.
- Choice Based Flexible Credit System with ICT enabled teaching-learning process.
- Upgradation of technical advancements through Internships, Industrial visits, guest lectures, seminars and technical workshops
- Scholarships and fee waivers are provided to academically successful candidates.
- Semester Abroad Programme (SAP) is conducted to enable the interested students to pursue one year of B.Tech (EEE) in foreign Universities.
- The various courses are organized for development of employability skill-Matlab, Embedded processor, LaTeX.
- Faculty members’ commitments to provide the necessary counseling, coaching and guidance to the students to shape their carrier aspiration through competitive like GATE, CAT and GRE.
- The Department NSS regularly conduct extension activities like Blood donation camp in association with Meenakshi mission hospital.
- Value Added Courses such as Python programming, C and C++, PLC and SCADA are organized to improve the performance of the students in the academics.
- Produced a number of University Rank holders.
- Regular Alumni interaction in students counseling, knowledge update, curriculum development and placement.
- Attractive placement in public and private sector companies.
- Effective faculty advisory system.