About the department
Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) at SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Ramapuram Campus. We hope you have an informative visit to our website.
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering department at the Ramapuram campus was established in 2009. The sheer hard work and enthusiasm of the faculty and students of the department has helped in making it one of the best departments on campus. The zeal and fervour with which the department is working will surely help it to achieve further success.
The field of Electrical Engineering is highly dynamic and exciting as it provides excellent career opportunities in all sectors of society. The electrical engineering advancements reshape our modern society in all aspects including health, business, education and entertainment. Electrical Engineers design and implement a wide range of systems such as power generation, transmission and distribution, telecommunication networks, electrical machines and modern industrial control systems. The Electrical Engineering curriculum is a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The course has been designed with the aim of providing breadth and depth of knowledge and significant design experience across the key areas of Electrical Engineering that evolve with society needs.
We are committed to excellence, and our academic programs enable students to achieve a blending of knowledge acquisition and applications of such knowledge in real life situations.
Our mission is to equip our students to adapt themselves to global needs while upholding professional ethics and to contribute their might in transforming India into a world leader in technological advancement and prosperity.
Department has following unique features and best practices
- Faculty members of EEE department are involved in research in addition to teaching. The areas of research include Electric machine modeling, finite element analysis of electric machines, Power system Optimization, Power System Security, Voltage Stability, Power Quality, Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Load Forecasting, Power Electronics application in Embedded System, Image Processing, Neural networks and Evolutionary Computation techniques.
- Faculty members have published more than 100 research papers in National and International Journals and conferences, which are Scopus indexed.
- Choice based credit system with ICT enabled teaching-learning process.
- Upgradation of technical advancements through Internships, Industrial visits, guest lectures, seminars and technical workshops
- Scholarships and fee waivers are provided to academically successful candidates.
- Semester Abroad Programme (SAP) is conducted to enable the interested students to pursue one year of B.Tech (EEE) in foreign Universities.
- The various courses are organized for development of employability skill-Matlab, Embedded processor, LaTeX.
- Faculty members’ commitments to provide the necessary counseling, coaching and guidance to the students to shape their carrier aspiration through competitive like GATE, CAT and GRE.
- The Department NSS regularly conduct extension activities like Blood donation camp in association with Meenakshi mission hospital.
- Value Added Courses such as Python programming, C and C++, PLC and SCADA are organized to improve the performance of the students in the academics.
- Produced a number of University Rank holders.
- Regular Alumni interaction in students counseling, knowledge update, curriculum development and placement.
- Attractive placement in public and private sector companies.
- Effective faculty advisory system.