The Central Library at the Ramapuram Campus was established in 2004, when the faculty of Engineering & technology started here. The library has an excellent collection of books covering science, engineering and humanities.
The fully air-conditioned Central Library is situated in the Ground floor of Main Block with the area about 8000 sq ft. and the PG & Architecture Library located in the Ground floor of the PG block. Designed to accommodate 180 users at a time, the library has various sections such as
- Circulation Section
- Reference Section
- Book Acquisition Section
- Periodicals Section
- CD Section
- Technical Section
- Inter Library Loan
- Audio Visual Section
- Internet Section
- Desktop publishing
The entire collection of books have been divided under their respective subject headings, and classified according to Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) scheme. The Library also subscribes to numerous print & online periodicals.
- To support the faculty, research scholars and students in teaching and learning.
- To help attain excellence in higher technical education and research.
- To provide a hi-tech gateway and easy access to knowledge based global information and academic resources in a variety of formats.
- To meet the relevant and diverse demands in scientific, engineering, technological and management education.
- To systematically and regularly collect relevant books, journals, magazines and such other publications, in conventional or in electronic media, for continuous updating and strengthening the resources of the library and its data bank.
- To provide the right ambience and facilities for the acquisition and dissemination of information to faculty and students.
Highly qualified & efficient staff members are available to disseminate the best possible information services to users.
All Library operations at the Ramapuram campus are computerized and barcode technology has been implemented. Among the many services rendered to users are
- Lending Service
- Reference Service
- Book Reservation
- Desktop Publishing
- Newspaper Clippings
- Audio visual (Ekalavya (UGC) IITM, IGNOU & Anna EDUSAT Programme)
- Video Viewing
- Internet Browsing
- CD-ROM Access
- Inter Library Loan
- E-Access (E-Journals, E-books, Question bank & Projects)