Amalgamation of biology and technology is Biotechnology, a fast growing and evolving field in science. Biotechnology scenario in the world is changing rapidly and dynamically. To prepare the students for this competitive field of science, the curriculum and syllabi are crafted to impart current advancement and understanding about Biotechnology along with basic knowledge about research and thus, provide a substantial foundation of Biotechnology in our students. The department constantly provides the latest developments in the fields of pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, and drug discovery sectors, healthcare, diagnostic and therapeutic, plant and animal sciences, and environmental sectors along with the core subjects.
This course offers:
- Multidisciplinary education for holistic development.
- State of the art practical laboratories and equipment.
- Boost the employability skills and better the employment opportunities.
- Gain intermediate to Masters.
- Simultaneously achieve university credits and Professional qualifications.
- Opportunities to study and work abroad after completion.
Importance of Biotechnology Course to the Society
- Bioproduction of sustainable chemicals, energy and other materials.
- Genetically modified crops to increase sustainable food production.
- Seawater bioprocesses to produce Biofuel and chemicals.
- Zero-waste bioprocessing.
- Regenerative medicine to create new organs.
- Rapid and precise development and manufacturing of medicine and vaccines.
- Accurate, fast, cheap, and personalized diagnostics and prognostics.
- Biotech improvements to soil and water.
- Advanced healthcare through genome sequencing.
- Good laboratory and research practices.
- Practical based learning to improve understanding of the subjects.
- Simulation programs like MATLAB for Bioprocess and Bioreactors design.
- Well-equipped state of the art labs and equipments.
- Bioproduct based studies.