RECENT ADVANCEMENT IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
DATE OF THE EVENT : 16.03.2023 to 17.03.2023
NAME OF THE CONVENER : Dr.Ushus.S.Kumar, HOD(I/C), BME
NAME OF THE CO-CONVENER : Dr. K. Ramji, AP/BME
NAME OF FACULTY COORDINATOR : Dr.S.Sakthivel, AP/BME
NAME OF THE RESOURCE PERSONS : 1) Mr. T. Anbuselvan,
General Manager, Sales
GE Healthcare Private Limited
2) Dr. S. Atheena Milagi Pandian
Atheenapandian Private Limited
Department of Biomedical Engineering has conducted a WORKSHOP ON RECENT ADVANCEMENT IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY for Ist and IIIrd year BME students, research scholars and faculties from 16.03.2023 to 17.03.2023 between 09.00 AM – 04.00 PM.
The event started with a warm welcome note by Dr.Ushus.S.Kumar, HOD (I/C)/BME, SRM IST Ramapuram. Dr. K. Ramji, AP/BME, gave an introductory speech about the Resource Persons.
PHOTOS OF THE EVENT
- Mr. T. Anbuselvan, General Manager, GE Healthcare Private Limited took over the session briefing about the recent advancements in biomedical devices for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- The participants gained knowledge on technological advancements in medical devices including the incorporation of artificial intelligence, 3D bioprinting, biomaterials, nanorobotics, dynamic monitoring of health parameters among others. The anticipation of future technologies and opportunities in GE healthcare for undergrad students was presented.
The event concluded through a vote of thanks by Dr . S. Sakthivel, AP/BME.
- Dr. S. Atheena Milagi Pandian, managing Director, Atheenapandian Private Limited, took over the session emphasizing on demonstration based medical equipment training and correlation of the working the curriculum of BME, SRMIST.
- Participants gained knowledge and a hands-on-experience on ophthalmology equipment and 3D printing.