The Department of Physics organized an international webinar on Biomedical Applications of Colloidal Metal Nanoparticles on 10/06/2020 between 5.30 to 7 PM. The webinar was presented by Dr.PeriyathambiDhaiveegan,Technology Dept. Senior Specialist,TRIPOD Nano Technology Corporation,Tayuan, Taiwan.
He discussed elaborately on colloidal metal nanoparticles for biomedical applications. He extensively discussed about Selenium nanoparticles in food industry, cosmetics, medical field etc. The application of Nano technology in the bio medical field also mentioned by him. We received overwhelming registrations, including faculty from all over India and a few participants from other countries, research scholars and students attended the webinar. The participants raised questions to the speaker and discussed about the topic. The participants gave very good feedback about the webinar and organizing members.
Dr. Periyathambi Dhaiveegan thanked the management and organizers for arranging this webinar.
The session was chaired by Dr L. Sudha, HoD/Physics. The coordinator of the webinar Dr. N. Karunagaran, Asst Prof (OG) proposed the Vote of Thanks. We thank everyone who have supported us in organizing this webinar successfully.
Biography of the speaker
- PeriyathambiDhaiveegan is currently working as Technology Dept. Senior Specialist, TRIPOD Nano Technology Corporation, Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- He has received his M.Sc Degree in Chemistry and Ph.D degree in Electrochemistry& Corrosion from Anna University.
- He worked has a Research Associate Magnesium Technology Innovation Centre, Seoul National University (SNU), Seoul, South Korea
- He worked has a post-doctoral fellow in IIT Madras and Tatung University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- He is very familiar to fabricate PEO coatings on Mg alloys at different experimental parameters and characterize PEO coatings using various analytical techniques such as micro hardness, FE-SEM, AFM, XRD, XPS, XRF, corrosion tests, etc. especially, the electrochemical techniques such as EIS, Potentiostatic and Potentiodynamic polarization, which are related to the characterization of corrosion behavior of Mg alloys
- His current research interest is Synthesis and characterization of metal and metal oxide nanoparticles
- He has published 10 papers in Peered reviewed journal with high impact factor.