HAM club is a student run organization that strives to impart enthusiasm and passion for Amateur Radio design and transmission and allied fields among students of all departments of SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram Campus.This club refers to: “A service of self training, inter-communication & technical investigations carried on by amateurs,that is,by persons duly authorized under these rules interested in radio techniques solely with a personal aim & without pecuniary interest.”This club aims to provide a platform for students to improve their technical knowledge in the fields of Wireless Communication and Networking.This club,for sure,will help the students not only in their studies but also in their career.
Why this Club?
HAM radio operators are a group of people nurturing a special interest in wireless communication technology.When all other means of communications have failed,HAM enthusiasts have played a vital role in communicating from remote inaccessible areas during natural disasters like floods, hurricane and tsunami and have aided rescue of victims.HAM Club promotes amateur radio operation among students as a useful hobby.The club organizes classes for operating HAM equipment.The club is also involved in obtaining necessary permission from the government departments for HAM aspirants.
Objectives of the HAM Club
The main objectives of our club are:
- To work with the provincial emergency program to provide such training,manpower and resources,as are available.
- To maintain the highest level of communication support to the community for a variety of events and in the event their systems fail,to significantly contribute to the overall effectiveness of the community response in the disaster.
- To explain the concepts of Wireless Communication and Networking in a practical way in the form of workshops and technical seminars.
- To provide a platform for the students to shape their innovative ideas.
- To expose the students to the latest technological advancements in the fields of Wireless communication and networking.
- To assist in training for obtaining radio amateur licence.
- To provide R&D guidance and support.