Event Name: IOT Challenge’20 (Workshop based competition )
Venue: TRP AUDITORIUM HI-TECH HALL, SRM IST
Event Date: 03 & 04 February, 2020
Event Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Event Co-ordinator: Mr. C.Aravindan AP(S.G)/ECE
Mr. Antony fernandas, AP/ECE, Mr.Sriram Ganesh AP/ECE
Participants: Engg. Students across India
Student Co-ordinator: Kamlesh, Sharath
Speakers: Mr.Sinku & Mr.Ameer Embedded Engineer
i3-Indya Technologies Mumbai
- Introduction to IoT.
- Future of IoT
- Wide description about Microcontrollers & ICs
- Memory organization & architecture.
- Input & Output peripherals interfacings.
- Pin outs of ATmega16 Microcontroller.
- Introduction to programming in embedded.
- Basic practical exposure with interfacing peripherals.
- Interfacing of LEDs and Buzzer.
- Writing first program in Embedded C.
- Practical 1: Blinking of LED .
- Project 1: Burning the program on Hardware with some different LED patterns.
- Practical 2: Turn ON/OFF Buzzer at desired delay.
- Serial communication
- UART in microcontrollers.
- Accessing internal UART
- Practical 3: Transferring data serially from PC to microcontroller.
- Introduction to ADC.
- How to detect the sensor values.
- Introduction to LDR SENSOR .
- Project 3: Display sensor data on Hyper Terminal
- Introduction To Wifi.
- Practical 4: How to configure AT Commands.
- Introduction to TCP/IP.
- IOT Platform ( think speak / IBM Watson / Local server )
- Project 4 : Automatic Updates/uploads of sensor value on IP/web.
- Project 5 : Real Time monitoring of sensors on a particular IP Address/server.
- Practical 5 : Acquire a control signal from an IP.
- Project 6 : IOT BASED SMART HOME
- IOT based Smart Lighting Intelligent and weather adaptive lighting in street lights for efficient use of power.
- A low cost smart irrigation control system
- Competition (Based on things Learned in workshop)