The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SRMIST Ramapuram, organized a webinar on 13.7.2020 on ‘ONLINE WORKSHOP ON VIRTUAL CONDUCT OF BASIC ELECTRONICS AND INTEGRATED CIRCUITS LAB’ for the benefit of diploma students, engineering and all faculty members between 2.00PM to 4.00PM.The session started at 2.00PM in ZOOM platform and participants from all over the India and also from foreign countries participated enthusiastically in this webinar.
INVOCATION AND WELCOME ADDRESS:
The session started with the welcome speech by Dr. K. N. SRINIVAS our respected HOD/EEE & VP (Academic), who have addressed the gathering with the introduction to virtual lab and its advantages in this pandemic situation to all. He thanked our management for the support for organizing such events successfully.
Following this, Mr.M. Vinil(A.P/EEE) sir explained the agenda for the session by addressing the gathering. The session started by Mrs.S. Nithya (A.P/EEE), who has explained very clearly about the usage of virtual lab in general and what are all the options available in that to perform the experiments in that.
Mr.M.VINIL explained about the following in detail.
- Basics steps to perform experiments in virtual lab.
- Basic electronics experiment such as PN junction diode and Zener diode has been explained about its working and application.
- Transistor which is used as an amplifier has been explained and its characteristics have been plotted in virtual lab.
Following this Mrs.S.NITHYA-A.P/EEE), explained experiments to perform in another platform ie circuit editor in virtual lab to make connection by the user for the following experiments
- Inverting amplifier
- Non inverting amplifier
- Voltage follower
In virtual lab by IIT, the Integrator and differentiator were performed and verified. In PPT the experiments were explained with the basics and then showed the demo in virtual lab.
The next session was handled by Ms. VIJAYALAKSHMI K (A.P/EEE) about the theorems in electrical circuits. The following theorem was explained as how to reduce the given circuit manually and it was verified in virtual lab.
- Thevenin’s theorem
- Norton’s theorem
- Maximum power transfer theorem
- Superposition theorem.
- All the link was given clearly in the ppt for the future use as the materials will be shared to all participants.
- Live demo was taken in which many participants were actively participated as hands- on session which was already communicated to all participants through mail and What Sapp group.
- Many participants were very much interested to adopt this new platform for their lab.
Feedback From Participants
The particpants were happy, satisfied and expressed their gratitude for arranging the hands on workshop of Basic Electronics & Integrated Cicuits Lab, which is utmost needed during this pandemic situation. They are also very interested to participate in more upcoming session on virtual lab.
Finally Dr.K.N.Srinivas, HOD/EEE, thanked the mamagement and all the participants for their patience and interests in attending the session.