Measurement and Control System Lab
Power Electronics Lab
This is the main lab where experiments like load test on various machines, speed control tests, open circuit tests, short circuit tests, etc are carried out..and also wide variety of practical experiments are performed here with combination of different rotating machines. The laboratory is also used for research activities in machines and to carry out project works on energy conversion.
|DC SHUNT MOTOR||220 V, 1500 RPM 5 HP|
|DC SERIES MOTOR||5 HP, 220 V, 1500 RPM|
|DC SHUNT GENERATOR COUPLED WITH DC MOTOR||5 HP, 220 V ,1500 RPM|
|DC SHUNT MOTOR COUPLED WITH DC COMPOUND GENERATOR||5 HP, 220 V, 1500 RPM|
|SINGLE PHASE TRANSFORMER||220/110 V, 50 HZ, 1 KVA|
|SINGLE PHASE AUTO TRANSFORMER||240 V, 10 A, ENCLOSED TYPE|
|RECTIFIER UNIT COMPOUND BOARD||440 AC/220 DC/100 A|
|DISTRIBUTION CONTROL PANEL||AC FEEDER CONTROL|
|DISTRIBUTION CONTROL PANEL||DC FEEDER CONTROL|
|WORK TABLE PANEL WITH COMPOUND DULY WIRED||4.8″ BY 15″|
|ALTERNATOR COUPLED SET DC SHUNT MOTOR||5 KVA ,415 V ,3PH ,1500 RPM CLASS F INSTALLATION|
|SYNCHRONOUS COUPLED SET||5 KVA, 3 PH, 415 V, 1500 RPM|
|SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR||5 HP, 415 V, 1500 RPM|
|AC SQUIRREL CAGE MOTOR STAR DELTA STARTER||415 V, 3 PH, 1500 RPM|
|AC SQUIRREL CAGE MOTOR WITH DOL STARTER||3 PH, 415 V,1500 RPM|
|DC MOTOR DYNAMIC CUT model||220 V DC|
|INDUCTION MOTOR–CUT model||THREE PHASE|
|SLIP RING MOTOR WITH LOADING SET|
|SINGLE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR||1 HP, 230 V, 1500 RPM|
|DC RECTIFIER WITH AC,DC DISTRIBUTION PANEL||150 A|
Especially designed for the benefit of first year students for all branches. This is the main lab where experiments Residential wiring, Measurement of energy, Measurement of electrical quantities etc are carried out and also wide variety of practical experiments are performed here with combination of different various electrical gadgets. The laboratory is also used for research activities for measuring various quantities and to carry out project works.
|5||MEGGER||10OHMS TO 1000 OHMS
1000V DC/750V AC
|7||PCB Fabrication prototype|
|8||Control panel prototype|
|9||Solar powered inverter prototype|
The laboratory combines both hardware and software facilities. The Measurements & Control system lab is equipped with CRO, various trainer kit and signal generators, digital multimeters and loading inductor, capacitor, resistive loads, LCR meter & energy meter. The software used includes MATLAB, MI power.
- Bridge Circuits With Labview Interfaced
- Lvdt Trainer
- P,Pi,Pid Controllers
- Synchronous Controllers
- Ac Servo Motors
- Dc Position Control System
- Ac Position Control System
- Ac Servomotor
- Resistive Load Single Phase
- Inductive Load Three Phase
- Capacitive Load
- Stepper Motor
- Inductive Load Threephase
- Flow Measurement Trainer With Lab View Interfaced
- Capacitive Transducer Trainer With Lab View Interfaced.
In this lab:
- For converting DC to DC, CUK Converter, SEPIC Converter and FLY Back Converter (SMPS) experiments are conducted and output electrical parameters are measured for different firing pulses.
- Single phase semi converter and full converter experiments are carried out to understand the conversion of AC supply to DC supply and the variation of average output voltage are measured for different firing angles.
- Single phase AC voltage controller using TRIAC is done to get the variable AC output voltage from fixed AC input voltage.
- For converting DC to AC, Single phase series inverter and Single phase parallel inverter experiments on inverter are conducted.
- IGBT based 3 Phase PWM Inverter is designed and its variable voltage of inverter output is fed to 3 Phase squirrel cage induction motor and its operating voltage, current and motor speed is measured.
- Single phase fixed AC supply frequency is converted to variable AC output frequency using Cyclo-converter and output parameters are measured.
- FPGA based single phase Diode clamped DC to AC converter (Multilevel inverter) experiment is conducted and output electrical parameters are measured
- Simulation of DC-DC converter (Boost Converter) is performed using MATLAB software
- The power electronics lab is equipped with the following prominent power electronics equipments:
- Series inverter
- Parallel inverter
- CUK DC-DC Converter
- SEPIC DC-DC Converter
- Fly back DC-DC Converter (SMPS)
- DC motor speed control drive using IGBT based 3-Phase PWM Inverter
- AC voltage controller using SCR and TRIAC
- 1-phase half converter
- 1-phase full converter
- 1-phase cyclo-converter
- FPGA based single phase Diode clamped Multilevel inverter
- PC with MATLAB Software
- 0-30V RPS
This is the main lab where experiments like Power flow solution-Gauss seidal, Newton Raphson and FDLF,Z bus building algorithm,Contingency analysis,MVARCompensation studies on normal and heavily loaded power systems, Steady state and dynamic response of LFC in single area system and Transient stability analysis of DFIG based wind system can be performed. The laboratory is also used for research activities in power electronics and power system.
- MI Power
- Proficad wiring layout
- CISCO Networking software
|Specification||Number of System|
|DELLIntel(R) Core (TM)I7-2800 CPU @ 3.10GHz3.09 GHz, 8 GB of RAM1TB HARD DISK||60|